Monday 24 August 2009

Redundancy: The Pros and Cons...


My whole life changed the other day, as I suddenly became redundant. At first, this was a total shock. I was certainly not expecting it, after all I had been working in the same office for over 9 years! Now that the shock factor has started to diminish, I can now begin to consider my options. Is redundancy really a curse (as I first assumed), or could it actually be a blessing?

Admittedly, as I looked at it from a negative point of view, I am well aware that money may be tight for a while. With the state of the economy, and so many out of work, a new job may be hard to come by. Plus, even with two incomes, my household was already struggling, and had been for some time.



However, I began to realise that there were positive aspects to the situation. I will receive a lump sum as a redundancy payment. This will enable me to clear any priority debts, and keep the household going for a while. Also, my job was boring. Really boring in fact! For years I had toyed with the idea of doing something new, for example a course where I could re-train myself for a fresh career. The only problems were, I had so far been unable to afford it, and also I could never decide what course to take! With the lump sum on its way, the first problem has been dealt with. I now need to work out the second! The possiblilities are endless!

1 comment:

  1. smiles..its amazing yo're blog..also people need a ll humor in there lifes..this is always something good and healthy for all of us..So, Let's have more smilie on our face sometimes..Great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete