Saturday 12 September 2009

New Beginnings...


Now that I'm out of work, I thought I'd have a fair bit of time on my hands. Not so! The job hunting takes up most of my day now (everyday), and there seem to be endless jobs to do around the house. However, I now have an extra thing to focus on...


I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!


Where to start I wonder? I started off thinking this should be simple, particularly as this is going to be a small do. Just a registry office and then on to the pub! First, pick a date and invite everyone. Then book everything, and turn up on the day. No.




First, we needed to decide who we really want at the ceremony. Then, as we're looking at only a couple of months ahead, contact everyone, and make sure they can all make at least one date. Then I can start booking things. This sounds like a potential nightmare in itself. There is also the memory of my sister's wedding to contend with. She started off thinking about a small, intimate wedding, and ended up inviting at least three times the number of people she first thought of (including many family mambers we hadn't seen in years). She also somehow ended up with five bridesmaids (myself included). I think because she (and her husband) were unable to say NO to people! We need to avoid this at all costs!




Then we started thinking about everything else involved. The cake, photos, flowers and even the dress! Somehow, I think this may end up being a bit more complicated (and expensive) than I'd first thought!



I'll keep you posted on my progress!













No comments:

Post a Comment